View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
13.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 29, 2024 at 06:44 PM

Hey there @Nammu - I hope you end up going to the senior center to get some more activities going. I know my full schedule keeps me on top of my mental health.

@Blue_Bird always an inspiration to me, I love coconut and toast names so cute!! LOL

Today was a milestone for me. I wasn't going to go, but at the last minute, I told my boss that I needed today off because I wanted to go to an organization a good friend of mine started called Recovery Alive's ribbon cutting ceremony today in Smithfield. I am so proud of all she has accomplished and wanted to go and support her. I don't know why, but something just pulled me to go, even though I felt bad that I took off the only day of the week I go into work. BUT it was so incredible. I met so many people in recovery and made so many connections while I was there. Networking is one of my best skills, and I really worked the room at this event - I am going to start working with this new amazing organization in September, it is really going to help me propel myself in the career I've always dreamed about - and to think I almost didn't go.

Monthly "lady time" came with a vengeance and knocked me off my high horse this afternoon, and even though I feel generally icky, nothing is going to stop this incredible mood. I feel like God led me to this path and to this organization that focuses on the 12-Steps of Recovery through the bible and their church.

Just incredible.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Blue_Bird, JaneOnceMore, June08, Mountaindewed, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
Blue_Bird, Nammu