Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 30, 2024 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
Will, given that we have similar personalities and experiences with “friends”, would you try this friendship mixer thing I mentioned above? I never tried speed dating but know you talk to someone maybe 2 minutes and go to the next table. They didn’t give enough information on stuff which is typical but I did find out there’s 25 people on the waiting list from last time. I don’t know if I want to talk to the woman in charge because she’s such an airhead.
———
Sent from my iPhone
Thank you for asking me. In the first place I feel like I'm a real "stick-in-the-mud" about going out to socialize or meet new people. I had done it for so long and always ended up disappointed. These days I prefer to not to bother with those things. But that's just me!

I take it that this is a "speed dating" kind of format for making friends. I'm I correct? I'm not much on giving advice or suggestions, but if that's what this is, then I'd say "go for it" if you feel comfortable with those at the Senior's Center. But if you're set on going and then you chicken out at the last second, then that's OK. I've done that before.

One time, around ten years ago, I went to speed dating and this was for "mating up". It was the first time I went and the last time. It was a disaster. What happened was, when it started, there were more men than women. So, whoever put it together, he got women from the bar to participate. They were drunk and not really looking anyways. I imagine they were paid to participate.

As far as dating (or mating up) personally I feel like it's not the best format to meet someone. But if it's just a "friendship" thing, then that might be OK providing that it is what's expected. I hope I answered your question. If not, then feel free to ask more.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, nonightowl, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
nonightowl