Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,547 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Aug 30, 2024 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
Thank you for asking me. In the first place I feel like I'm a real "stick-in-the-mud" about going out to socialize or meet new people. I had done it for so long and always ended up disappointed. These days I prefer to not to bother with those things. But that's just me!

I take it that this is a "speed dating" kind of format for making friends. I'm I correct? I'm not much on giving advice or suggestions, but if that's what this is, then I'd say "go for it" if you feel comfortable with those at the Senior's Center. But if you're set on going and then you chicken out at the last second, then that's OK. I've done that before.

One time, around ten years ago, I went to speed dating and this was for "mating up". It was the first time I went and the last time. It was a disaster. What happened was, when it started, there were more men than women. So, whoever put it together, he got women from the bar to participate. They were drunk and not really looking anyways. I imagine they were paid to participate.

As far as dating (or mating up) personally I feel like it's not the best format to meet someone. But if it's just a "friendship" thing, then that might be OK providing that it is what's expected. I hope I answered your question. If not, then feel free to ask more.
Yes of course. We have similar experiences with people. That answers my question for now.

They say it’s for friends yet in that speed dating format. There’s people there that I definitely don’t want to talk to or see and I don’t know if they will participate. There’s especially this man who won’t stop harassing me. I don’t know if they pair women with just women but men are okay as friends. Just not him. I have to wait for this stupid holiday to end before I can ask for more information from that woman. Since I’m skeptical I feel that “vibe” will be picked up on…….

Sorry to hear about that speed dating thing. I agree it’s not a good way to meet people and being drunk isn’t helpful at all. I can’t believe they did that. Thanks for saying it’s okay if I chicken out lol.

On the subject of memories this little girl in my building brings back bad memories of when I was her age. And this is exacerbated by what I found out about my “family”. She looks about 6 or 7 and makes sounds like a toddler such as goo goo gah. I find it so unbearable I cringe and would prefer to hear a leafblower! Really! For one thing when they are done they are done. But I don’t know when she’ll be quiet. They just had another baby so in a few years I’ll hear more screaming. I’m sure I’ll still be here as I don’t know where to go.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19