View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
292 hugs
given
Default Aug 31, 2024 at 08:15 AM

I hate getting old. My doctor decided to do an EKG just because I am getting some diet meds. I have never had an abnormal EKG and I have had many due to panic as a 30 year old.

The person taking it said it was normal... but the doctor came back and said there was some evidence of Left ventricular hypertrophy. (thickening of the heart muscle) They say this is due to high blood pressure but my mom had it (when she was much older) and I used to argue with the doctor that my mom was on high blood pressure meds so I didn't understand how this developed. So now I am wondering if this isn't a genetic issue not due to high blood pressure.

Or I am wondering if I had much higher blood pressure than I thought I did in the years where it started to go up. But most people feel that 140/90 or so isn't really enough to do it unless it was for a very long time.

So the doctor is getting me an echocardiogram to make sure the EKG was not wrong. I admittedly messed it up a little bit. The person taking the EKG told me to "breathe" and I thought she was going to say breath deeply but she said breathe normally and I breathed deeply and apparently that can mess up the EKG. Then I got something from the doctor's office that said my EKG was not different than the EKG that I had in 2017. So I asked the doctor if I had evidence of LVH in 2017 and she ducked the question. Also in 2020 I had a CAC which is a CT of my heart. I would have thought something would have shown up then. I will be really angry if there was evidence of this in 2017 and 2020 and no one mentioned it.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote