View Single Post
retro_chic
Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2011
253 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Aug 31, 2024 at 08:59 AM

I just want to say, I know how you feel. My last therapist got pregnant twice during the three or so years I was seeing her. I waited for her the first time and put up with the 6 months of virtual sessions she did during her transition back to work but the second time was too much. She told me she would be doing the same thing as before, would keep me updated and would let me know when she was offering virtual sessions again. None of that turned out to be true. When I emailed her to ask what was going on her tone was completely different and it was like none of the conversations we had prior to her leave had happened. She just didn't seem to care anymore (or perhaps never really did). Fortunately I found another therapist during that time who has turned out to be a much better fit and I am still seeing her now, over 18 months later. Prior to all this, I had dealt with two other T's going on maternity leave and not returning plus another one who said she couldn't help me anymore and then later told me she was closing her practice. I am still dealing with the trauma of all these events now but it does get easier. I hope you are able to find someone who can help you through it.
retro_chic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna

Thanks for this!
East17, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna