View Single Post
InkyBooky

Member Since Sep 2018
225 hugs
given
Default Sep 01, 2024 at 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel View Post

I'm curious as to what therapist I should be looking for. Like what modalities? I know one who works with infertility and BPD would be good. Probably someone who does DBT. But otherwise I don't know.

I think you're right, I'm stuck in a loop of crisis. I think I am addicted to the catharsis. And I almost crave another crisis to feel it again. I don't think I'm doing this on purpose, but it is getting to be a pattern.

I think you're very wise to recognize this about yourself (the bolded part). Many people here on these forums feel this way, but sort of refuse to see it or recognize the pattern. Based on your ability to self reflect and see patterns that are negatively impacting your life, I think you would do remarkably well with a good DBT therapist!

IMO- Your current therapist is truly doing you a disservice and reinforcing old feelings and behaviors that are no longer serving YOU (and by "you" I mean the calm, wise, and regulated adult you wish to be and are more than capable of becoming). She may have good intentions and care for you on some level, but she's no longer doing quality therapy with you. It's an enactment that is harming you. And that's her fault. Not yours.

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, zoiecat