ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,332 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 05, 2024 at 02:58 PM

There's different levels of "crisis" for me:
- struggling, but kind of managing: I get phone calls. During those, we discuss strategies to feel better, like what I'll do during the day, things to make me feel good like sports, distraction...
- chronic sui and sh: it's discussed briefly and we then move on to discussing whatever is important at the time
- acute sui or otherwise severe crisis: extra sessions and/or phone calls, possibly discussion of going inpatient for a bit. Other than that it's mostly just support, being in the moment and feeling understood, as well as coping skills. This is not a time during which we work on trauma for the most part, but to some degree it happens because I'm just so activated normally.

I have direct contact with my T, there's no emergency line or similar of his office. This is true for all my Ts.

I have only ever reached out to an actual emergency "hotline" (online chat) once, when I found out about my Ts health issues. Since I didn't know flipper or forensic T yet and was really struggling, I reached out to basically everyone I knew (friends, this forum, as well as a chat line). I've not done so otherwise mostly because as you've described, these people don't really know me and can only give skills to use in the moment. And I'm not stupid, I know those for the most part already. For the issue of that day, they were able to help well enough. They sat with me for a moment, I was able to just voice all my concerns and they came up with some steps to do next, mainly: talk to T when you can, look after yourself before then. I think the most important aspect of that chat was feeling like there's some kind of option to find somebody who is able to help me deal with Ts stuff, even though I didn't know how yet. So kind of hold me over water until I can talk to T.
ChickenNoodleSoup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MuddyBoots