View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 06, 2024 at 12:52 PM

My first look I noticed 17 styles of bragging. Now in the 7th round Less Penguiny piles 4 under the #7 mark:
7a. Humblebrag. Status-upgrade
comment that is masked as a
complaint or "hard choice."

7b. Congratulatory Brag. Insincere impression-engineering while the other party is not privy to the conversation.

7c. Expertease Brag. “Freely” offered advice carries the feeling that the Speaker is Expert and the receiver Knows Nothing.

7d. Public Thank You Brag. Broadcast via social sites rather than through private channel.

These all have an element of abuse of default public attention. I'm most guilty of 7c Expertease Brag (my term). It feels hard to damp down, I mean what did I put in all that time and attention riding experiences, reading, listening, and digging into the literature? It's quite costly arranging for a legit audience when what I have to add is just a sentence or 2. Or a poem. Or a joke. Or a better precision about the facts or data. Or odd research that leads to a variant conclusion.

Sometimes the accusation jumps from my sense that I know 1 or 2 things to "He's a Know-It-All!" [KIA] And "You're different, not everybody blah-blah-blah."

MY KIA syndrome nudges me to "share what I know." Awk! Here's a blog on it.

They write: "The fact is, I’m never as smart as I think I am."

Well, I see a chance to practice tomorrow, and tomorrow, and ...

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote