Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2012
1,218 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 07, 2024 at 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonightowl View Post
Will I decided to try that “friendship mixer” at the senior center but there’s a waiting list. I have about 30 people ahead of me as this turned out to be popular. May was the first time, and this month will be the second. I found out there’s some structure to it, such as a different activity every few minutes. I thought they just have us talk to a stranger 5 minutes then another one, etc.

I’m keeping my expectations very low and still have misgivings. Maybe only extroverted people are interested. Or maybe there’s one woman who is looking for a real friendship too. Part of me wants to get it over with but I don’t think I’ll get in this month. The worst thing that could happen is I waste 2 hours and end up with another “friend” but I’m ready for it.

The lack of a real friend locally has gotten to the critical mass point now. I don’t want to be a loner, really.

I never had to report for jury duty. So all my prep was for nothing.

I’m bored so it would have given me opportunity to use my brains but it could have also disrupted my routine for days. And it’s too hot down there, more than here.

———
Sent from my iPhone
To Nonightowl ---> Thank you for letting me know about the friendship mixer. It seems like it's a bit of a disappointment that you have to wait, but on the other hand, if you have reservations about going then you'd have some time to think it over. Apparently, you seem to want to go because you may have some good feelings about the other women at the Senior's Center.

About me, I've been to so many social events and ended up disappointed every time. So it makes me not interested in going to social events. I think you are brave to consider this. There's probably a good chance that some other woman may be looking for a good friend, and that could be where you come in.
I hope for the best for you at whatever comes.

If I were going to some kind of social event that sounds pretty good to me, then I would have my expectations very low. It would be good for me to do it that way because, if I get too psyched, then I'd be set up for a nose-dive in disappointments.

I guess there are a lot of times in my life right now in being alone that I don't mind that much. But still it would be nice to have someone. I'd rather be alone than with bad company, but it isn't a good option to have only. I don't like to be a real loner, either. That's the fear I have at relocating somewhere else where I don't know anyone.
will19 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, nonightowl, T4bbyCat

Thanks for this!
nonightowl