View Single Post
EV5th
Newly Joined

Member Since Sep 2024
Default Sep 07, 2024 at 07:33 PM

I’ve been trying to find the best way for my mind to stop having intrusive thoughts about an old friend and stop associating them with the city I currently live in. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Some back story… I had a very close friend during some formative years from the age of 16-18 back when I lived in Florida. She was like a sister to me at times. When I was 23 she had moved to Boston where she’s originally from and I tried to stay with her and move to Boston. She ended up flaking on me and we fell out and she asked me to leave so I wasn’t able to move to Boston. Fast forward to me being 33 and I ended up moving to Boston. She’s now married and has a child.

So I tried reconnecting with her and she sounded excited but then was flakey again and wouldn’t reply to my texts, kept forgetting our plans to meetup and kept pushing it off by a month, wouldn’t answer a phone call, etc. So I finally just gave up on her.

But now I get intrusive thoughts where my mind is wanting “closure” by seeing her one more time, I keep wondering if I did enough to salvage the friendship, and I keep associating Boston with her since she was involved in my first memories here.

Does anyone have any psychology tips on how I can remove her from my psyche and stop associating Boston with her? I’d appreciate it so much!!
EV5th is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote