View Single Post
TsunamiWaves

Member Since Sep 2024
16 hugs
given
Default Sep 09, 2024 at 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
I don't know if you're still struggling as much as you were earlier, but when I avoid those urges it's by keeping myself incredibly busy. Cleaning sprees, learning more about whatever I'm really interested in at the time, exercising, grocery shopping if it's needed (or maybe get my favorite snack they sometimes have at the dollar store), cooking, looking at maps (obsession of mine), talking to people about their interests, whatever I can think of.

When I get to a "level of crisis down," I can use more solution-focused skills as opposed to doing stuff to do anything but self-harm. These are more the deep-breathing, grounding skills, mindfullness based exercises (yoga, tai-chi, etc), doing things to bring you into the present and focus on the idea of "I am here, I am safe, I am in control of my actions."

Thank you for the suggestions. These help. I have started SH'ing again after years and years of being "clean". I want to stop it before it gets too far. I will try to employ some of these. Thanks again.
TsunamiWaves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote