View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 09, 2024 at 05:18 AM

Work is challenging me in many ways. Each week, I feel so burdened by all the challenges.

I have not worked for a large global company before. And that's difficult for me because it's highly matrixed, corporate and complex.

My boss micromanages ALL my communications - having come from small agency environments, she feels I must be monitored closely. I finally set a boundary last week on that though. I told her it's squelching my ability to include in emails to higher ups what I think is of value and it doesn't allow me to simply be myself.

And, I think my boss might be undermining me or envious of me. She seems to not want me to share certain successes or my knowledge with higher ups.

Another challenge is my boss was/is new to my industry and field, so I've had to coach and train her for the last year. What an odd situation. She is in charge, yet I have to mentor her all about the work I do so that she can support and advocate for me throughout the company. It's a really uncomfortable working relationship dynamic. Then add to the fact that I am 3-4 years older than she is!

I also find that people gossip. I stay out of it and just do my work.

We've had the luxury of being out of the office for 3 weeks. This week, we must return to the office, and I am dreading it. I find it's so much easier to work from home, away from the office culture. The office culture is very intense, serious, and fast-paced. We do get to work from home Mondays and Fridays, but Tue-Thurs feels like sheer torture.

I wish I would hear back on my job application. I have followed up once already and nothing back. UGH.

In the meantime, I am planting seeds at my current job for a promotion to a global director role. Fingers crossed that can happen. I would love to get out from under my boss's thumb. I am starting to feel like it's fairly toxic working under her. I have caught her in several lies, and she misinforms and gives the wrong information to higher ups, so I've had to correct her. She talks out of both sides of her mouth! She will say how she really feels about an issue to ME, but then when we get on a conference call with others, she butters people up, kisses butt, and says the exact opposite. It's rather sickening.

OYE. Life is never easy, is it?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote