Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,553 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Sep 09, 2024 at 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
Quote from Nonightowl ---> "I think you once said you’re on the Eastcoast? And your sister is in the West".

Well, it's the opposite. I'm in the West and my sister is in the East coast. However, that's where I came from originally, the East coast. My sister told me that the heat was unbearable for a while last month there. When I lived there, July was really bad for heat, humidity, and bad air. So glad I am not there anymore.

For me, as of now, I'm still dealing with the heat. When I got out of bed, it was a little bit cool which was nice. But a half hour later, I started to sweat. Lately it seems like this section has been a support for those who are going through a heat wave. Kind of reminds me of the holidays when we need support because we're either alone or having a bad time.

And I really do get depressed on these kind of hot days. I don't sleep well and not feel great. It's equivalent to getting into something that's not working out well and being hollered at constantly.
I guess I recalled it wrong, lol. It was months ago at least and I thought you said you were in the Boston area. I guess it was that you were FROM that area.

It was okay when I got up, as the air finally cooled to 75 degrees, but it started warming up fast. I was up late again and I dreaded going to bed.

I like that your thread is moving and it feels supportive and interactive. I used to have 3 "check-in" threads in my subscriptions, from 3 different forums. But only one of them had people posting in them. I don't know why nobody posts in the other 2. There are multiple threads on things like what are you feeling or thinking about, and I don't know which one to follow.
Or post in?

I had to pick up a ticket for that friendship mixer at the senior center and I decided to jump on the computer for a bit. Nice and cool here, but walking outside is going to kill me. It turns out there is no waiting list and the newsletter was wrong, which it often is. So I'll be going to the one on 9/26 Thursday. There's 35 people already on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusblossom19 View Post
snip: It seems that all the effort I've put into being graciously gentle to people during their bad days means absolutely nothing. Just feeling really thrown away and broken now.
I can relate to putting effort into giving to people and it isn't reciprocated. So I know how that feels.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19