View Single Post
Blue_Bird
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2024 at 09:34 AM

I’m too tired to respond to everyone individually in detail but hugs to everyone

And yes I definitely need to stop this skipping my meds and staying up all night. It’s way too common of an occurrence for me. Happens once or twice a week every single week for years

I think when I was working part time it really threw me off and I just started sacrificing sleep cause retail hours were so bizarre and varying and unpredictable. Back to back shifts sometimes. No routine schedule. So I started pulling all nighters to have more time to myself because I felt exhausted from work and like I had no time to myself. And it eventually became a bad habit that I still do even though I no longer work.

Especially any time I have something going on that I have to do the next day like an appointment or something important and it’s early, I just think to myself well might as well not sleep then so I don’t oversleep, one night isn’t so bad I think to myself. But it is always so bad and I always regret it and feel like garbage and I keep doing it over and over again. I haven’t had a week a full week in like a year where I haven’t gone atleast 36 hours without sleep at least once during the week. I never seem to get out of the logic where I convince myself “ stay up for 38 hours and get even more done, have fun, do stuff, be ultra productive!” It’s always so tempting. What a weird habit to have.

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, LadyShadow, Nammu, raspberrytorte, Rosi700