View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2024 at 01:12 PM

I work as a care giver. A recent client told me that she & ‘everyone’ I’ve met so far thinks that too.

She has no filter unlike me. So the chances of me being autistic are slim I also don’t have issues with textures, crowds or noise although both do annoy me, I can tolerate both OK

I don’t have executive functioning issies too. What’s weird is that a friend of hers who literally saw me for 2 minutes said that I’m autistic

Wth? I made eye contact with him & said hi & then he said, I heard so much about you. I was leaving as my shift ended so I said goodbye after a few minutes as I was tired. I mentioned that I was tired & that it was nice to meet him.

She might’ve mentioned some unflattering things about me as she can hardly keep any information to herself.

Why would he think that of me? I’m shy, but I was friendly, so perhaps he mistook that for being on the spectrum? lol

She said that I have a lisp too & that I sound autistic also, ugh!

No one has accused me of being autistic before this Well, I think a couple people on here may have thought that just because I tend to be straightforward

I also misunderstand what people say sometimes, but we all do that at times

I’m perplexed & insulted tbh

I share some traits with autistic people like:

Being sensitive

I don’t always deal with stressful situations well

It also took me awhile to learn that people often say & do certain things just to be polite . Ex: Let’s hang out again soon.

I sometimes don’t get subtle hints, but again, o one gets subtle hints all the time.

I get definite hints like when people are distracted, they’re bored with the conversation.

I don’t have any issues with people who are autistic btw.

She didn’t say anything about her parents or her other friend thinking that I’m autistic too . As far as I know, he is the only person who has told her that.

So that’s weird to how she said that everyone thinks that I’m autistic.

I’d appreciate any insight into this.

Last edited by jesyka; Sep 10, 2024 at 02:40 PM..
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated

Thanks for this!
Yaowen