Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,553 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Unhappy Sep 10, 2024 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: When I was working, it felt the same. I don't have much going for me socially. At times I feel OK because I like having alone times but then I feel bad about it. And I can feel guilty for not trying to do something about it.

Now that I'm older, I feel like life is going to be disappointments, let-downs, and sorrows.
I didn’t really want to retire but there’s no “senior friendly” jobs out there. I can’t work in an Amazon warehouse, drive all day for Uber or stand and walk 8 hours or even 4, while being cheerful and friendly. I feel I haven’t done much with my life or don’t know what to do with the rest of it. I’ve done enough volunteering and want to feel useful. I’m not suicidal either but life is getting so hard with nobody around.

I’m so used to nobody talking to me that I got overwhelmed when the exercise instructor shot all these questions at me. I decided to try the Silver Sneakers class at the gym which I haven’t been to in 7 or 8 years. She approached me after class, introducing herself as she noticed I’m new. She also asked how did I like it, what am I looking for, etc.

I’m not used to anyone asking me anything. I didn’t tell her this but some of it was too easy some too hard. It’s supposed to be for “older” adults. There’s a different instructor on Thursday so someday I’ll try that. I was so sick of my gym routine but I don’t like middle of the day workouts. And this class has always been at 11am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip: The bad news is that (as you might have guessed) there's excessive noise. It's outside of my bedroom window and door and there's going to be noise coming from power tools. I don't know how long this will take. It was proposed that the stairway was going to be redone a couple of years ago, but it never happened.

Noises and heat causes my depression to go up.
Oh Will, I hear you and am sorry. We are both sound sensitive I know. There’s a lot of roadwork on my block and the next, the power company is doing something in the alley. And the technology company next to us is doing something to their satellites.

It seems they always do $hit in the summer because of the long days and weather. They are painting the awnings and stairwells in my building. It’s not near me but it’s near others and I feel for them. But they are renting to more and more young people and they go out a lot. So they can escape it but I hear it. You’re right the heat is letting up thankfully.

———
Sent from my iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
will19