View Single Post
ChickenNoodleSoup
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2017
1,332 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 10, 2024 at 02:57 PM

This is just the first thought that popped into my head to describe the difference: it's like the relationship between dog and owner. They both dearly love each other. Yet, the dog can't survive without the owner. The owner can, even if he doesn't like it. The owner will also try to teach the dog to deal with being let alone for a while and dealing with themself, but he will always come back.

It doesn't fit perfectly of course, nor am I saying all of us are dogs, but I think that's one way that you could say T love vs client love probably differs. Different isn't bad, different makes the thing work. I'd not want to imagine my dog thinking it can survive on her own while I'm gone...

I'd get stuck on that too, NP. I don't think he thinks it's romantic at all from what it sounds like. Maybe he wants to focus on it because it does seem to be an important topic for you? I think it'd be good for you to tell him it's hurtful and why. I think it'd help him understand, even if he does get some of the parts. It also sounds like he might want to hold some boundaries while still expressing that he cares deeply for you. Of course if you need space that's always an option, but to me it sounds like some stuff worth working through if you feel up to it.
ChickenNoodleSoup is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Brown Owl 2, NP_Complete, ScarletPimpernel