View Single Post
TsunamiWaves

Member Since Sep 2024
16 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2024 at 06:29 PM

Like the other Yaowen mentioned, because of social media, a lot of people are self diagnosing and then diagnosing others. Narcissist and sociopath are buzzwords these days.

My mom has undiagnosed autism, it severely negatively affected my childhood, so I got extremely triggered the one time someone suggested I have it. I understand why you're rubbed the wrong way.

Have you seen a therapist? Autism has many overlapping traits (comorbidities) with other diagnoses. And, in the end, maybe you are just shy. I think everyone has to "learn" that "Let's hang out some time" does not always actually mean let's hang. And other such niceties. Just because you have traits that autistic people have doesn't mean you have it. There are very specific traits you HAVE to exhibit in order to qualify as autistic according to the DSM. For example there may be 15 autism traits total, but 3 of them you have to have to qualify. Hope that makes sense. Only a professional can diagnose you and it's SUPER annoying to get dx'd by a rando.
TsunamiWaves is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
ChewyMandiblez, Discombobulated, jesyka