View Single Post
JaneOnceMore

Member Since Feb 2023
3,280 hugs
given
Default Sep 11, 2024 at 08:05 PM

I got out of the house! My mental health drop-in is open late on Wednesdays and i was at loose ends at 4:00pm, so i went. It was good to get a change of scenery. There's a lounge and we just hang-out. One staff got a little heavy with me, about the Wellness Recovery Action Plan, WRAP, so i just shut her down by saying i'd keep it in mind. But i'm not seriously considering it. It helped pass the time and was a 3.5 hour break, so that was good.

@Nammu and @BeyondtheRainbow:

Thanks for your concern about my dog. It's not dehydration or a UTI. It'll sound absurd, but my dog is having a huge reaction to a chirping noise coming from the next building, like a smoke detector makes when the battery is running out of juice. It's so bizarre! She's just petrified. I have to walk her way far away from the building for her to go potty. I wish i didn't care about her so much, but i am constantly worried about whether she is comfortable or not. I'm probably just being an over-anxious dog-mom. It's so hard with an animal because they can't tell you what they want. This is the first dog i've had on my own and it's a world of difference being solely responsible for a dog compared to sharing care with a partner or family. I'm so sick myself, it's a real strain on me. After she's gone, no more pets, not even a fish. She's adorable and i love her to bits, but taking care of her and managing my own bipolar is a real big challenge i'd rather not have to tackle.

Hugs to all who need them!

JaneOnceMore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, Crazy Hitch, June08, LadyShadow, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, Nammu, raspberrytorte