Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
280 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 11, 2024 at 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsunamiWaves View Post
Autistic mom meant 0 emotional support. In fact the opposite - emotional abuse, neglect and having to support her instead, walking on eggshells so she didn't have a meltdown and retaliate. Not being able to go to her for emotional regulation which as we know is crucial for kids. She would say my tears were manipulating her into feeling bad, to go away and stop crying. Because of her lack of emotional intelligence, she couldn't be there for me, got overwhelmed and hurt me instead. She cannot see out of her emotional sphere and has very little empathy for others, except in very specific contexts.

Boy, there's a lot I could go into there - I've retyped that 3 times to try and make it shorter! That's a 10,000 ft view.

Congrats on standing out with your sense of style - that's always such a nice compliment, especially when you're stepping outside of the norm!! May I ask what styles youre into? And how it differs? Im picturing like, alternative in a sea of midwestern carhartt...

From what I know, social anxiety has a lot of overlaps with autism. People now associate awkwardness = autism. Not true at all. And, youre lacking the sensory overload symptoms, which I think most if not all autistic people deal with.

Sounds like your client(?) wants someone in the same boat as her, and youre an easy target because youre quiet, anxious and quirky. My autistic friend tried to dx me with autism too when she first got diagnosed.

Sorry, Im a yapper!
Sorry to hear about your mom. My dad is autistic & a narc. My mom is the biggest nag & has a paranoid delusional disorder probably.

I went no contact with them but I have not completely severed ties with them yet.

The meltdowns are awful. Maybe try to avoid being around your mom or talking to her as much as possible.

As far as my style goes, I’m a bit alternative. My sytle consists of artsy looking stuff from festivals, goth, bohemian & stuff from the Express, Macy’s, Old Navy & boutiques.

I kind of stand out in a mostly conservative environment. I have colored hair too.

No tattoos or piercings though. That’d be to painful for me to get. They’re cool though.

You don’t talk to much btw. My client probably wants me to be like her. She advises me on what to eat as she tries to eat healthy usually.

I still like her in spite of what she thinks about me being autistic too.
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote