View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
7,097 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2024 at 05:16 PM

I'm not exactly sure why T only does 2 years of weekly sessions. I mean she did see me for a total of 4 years. Just after 2 she would only see me every other week or less. I kind of imagined myself like a leech she was trying to get off her. But she never abandoned me and I could have gone back to her. Just not weekly.

I know a lot of people who don't believe in long-term therapy. One person I knew said that therapists are like politicians: they should be changed out every couple of years. Even my ex-pdoc hated long-term therapy. She said it's okay to stay with the same pdoc for years, but not a therapist. Because then the attachment disrupts the healing.

I don't write things down. I should. I have such a bad memory and when I'm in distress, it only gets worse.

She tells me a lot of things that she probably shouldn't. Many things have actually been helpful. Even as bad as the situation is, her telling me asap was more helpful than not. If she would have waited like last time, I'd have less time to deal with it. Here I get a month or two more? But yeah, she discloses a lot.

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight