View Single Post
smileygal

Member Since May 2017
5 hugs
given
Default Sep 13, 2024 at 08:03 PM

Oooh, what a great question! This would be my ideal therapist-client relationship, considering that I want to make progress on my healing journey and what I know about therapy.

We would meet twice a week, ideally in person, or perhaps once a week with a brief phone check-in in between. I could text once if something pressing comes up or I need connection, and they would respond with a "Thanks for sharing," "That sounds hard," or "Hope you are okay, let's talk more in session" type message (though with twice-weekly sessions, this is unlikely).

Touch: A brief hug upon departure, especially if we're only meeting once a week or having a break.

Session Length: 75-90 minutes, depending on how the session is going. If the session is an hour, there’s room for flexibility to go over by 10 minutes, with a hard stop at the 75-90 minute mark.

Disclosure: The therapist shares a bit about their life when appropriate. For example, if I share something, they might briefly share something about themselves. We've already discussed that they will share some and are comfortable with it but won't get pulled into too much detail, as the session is about me. If they find themselves talking too long, they’ll redirect back to me.
smileygal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight