View Single Post
stopdog
underdog is here

Member Since Sep 2011
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 13, 2024 at 08:14 PM

I never really cared about what the therapist did at home or in their real life. I didn't care about how they would react or what they would do in a situation. I did not want any therapist touching me. I really didn't want to have murmers of platitudes or thanking me for sharing or other things I find patronizing. I really just wanted the therapist to tell me how it was supposed to work specifically so I could do it and get away from them. What sorts of things are useful to tell them versus what is not (I really never found anything all that useful to tell them. They were not as useless when I needed to rant about western medicine torturing my person -but really all that required was for them to sit there and not say anything). Mostly I just wanted to know what was supposed to be happening from sitting there and blathering on at them. I really did not get how talking to them was supposed to help anything

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.
Oscar Wilde
Well Behaved Women Seldom Make History - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
stopdog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
iheartjacques