View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
292 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2024 at 08:45 AM

I was in Boston (where the planes took off from). I had just started a new job. A co worker came around the corner and told me a plane had hit the wtc (his wife called) and I tried to get on CNN websites and everything was down. Someone had a 10 inch black and white tv but we couldn't see much. I had to go into a meeting and all we could hear was sirens all over the city. It is a wonder my boss didn't notice. At 11 as we were breaking a phone call came in and I picked it up and it was the CEO's office for my boss. My boss goes "why is the CEO's office calling me in here" I gave it to him and we hear him go... um hum, uh huh, ok. He hangs up and goes "we are evacuating" -- why are we evacuating? Management broke in and told us, for the first time, what had happened. I felt like someone kicked me.

I got out in courtyard in front of the building and it was filled with people. The road was one big traffic jam. I got to my train to take me home and it was packed with people ( I had to stand). And the National Railroads said we could only go 5 MPH for safety. I got home around 2 PM. The train went along the Mass Pike and every 5 miles or so was a state trooper parked on the road.

I will never forget that.

We just had no idea what was coming.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated