View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
292 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2024 at 09:07 AM

The guy I used for my HVAC is scam artist. The only reason I used him is everyone at my condo says he is great. Well, I called him out last winter for my compressor making a noise. The first time they came out they found nothing and said it could be the compressor going. I didn't believe that as it is 10 years old. But they said, if it keeps happening call them back. So I did, they came out but they went downstairs for just one second and came right back.

Now I called shenanigans. I told him he was down there for a second.. and he was like, well what did you want me to do... I said, crack it open or something and I got a lecture about how no one could do that.

So I called another HVAC place they cracked it open and found the problem which was a burned out wire. (This leads me to believe they did nothing at the "HVAC check up" just two months before.)

I haven't paid for the visit from the people who did nothing. Should I bother writing him and telling him what happened and asking for the cost to be waived? $150.00 I feel like he is a scam artist and will try to get out of it / deny it. Is it not worth the effort?
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote