View Single Post
AnaWhitney

Member Since Jun 2015
389 hugs
given
Default Sep 14, 2024 at 09:22 AM

This is a great question. My ideal therapeutic relationship is mostly the one I have now with one tweak.
What I already have is once a week hour long sessions, with in between session contact through text and email. Text if it’s urgent and email if it’s not. She reads my emails within a day or 2 and lets me know she read it and it’s helpful. She has a personality and is funny, it’s like talking to a friend while still being professional. Self discloses when appropriate and her judgement is spot on with that. She adapts her approach and keeps coming up with new creative ways to help me through the session.

I had a T before who would schedule me last and it never felt like there was a time limit on our sessions. We went until it naturally slowed, whether that be 10 minutes late or 30. I felt like it was sort of special treatment but the only problem was I just didn’t like or click with her as much even though she was very kind and patient so I’d never have got the work done with her that I do with current T.

My sessions are perfect but just never feel long enough and I never feel like I get through everything. But that’s probably me being picky
AnaWhitney is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight