View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
260 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 15, 2024 at 09:42 AM

Today I started week 10 of 10K runner, OMG, it was 5 min warmup and cooldown, 5x12 min run intervals with increasing walks in between of 1 min to 4 min. I made it to around the 55 min. mark of total running before it hit me pretty hard, the last 2 min. I was chanting to myself "only a little more, you can do it, make it past that road, make it past that tree, you can do it, just a little more..." well, you get the picture. I did have some dissociation going on during the 4th run interval, but I guess if you're going to dissociate while running, at least it was on the park footpath without traffic and during a 12 min run interval! But, OMG, that gave me an 80 min. total workout with the program, even the last part of the walk home was tiring! This is probably my limit on doing the program, I don't think I am going to follow it all the way through to 10K, that is just too much for me!

I had breakfast afterwards and while waiting on my coffee, I was idlely reading the nutrition label on the container of cottage cheese (part of my breakfast was cottage cheese with peaches), and I didn't realize that a serving of cottage cheese has such a high daily value of your protein intake (25% of the daily value of protein). Pretty good as I need to eat more protein with all this running!

Putting away groceries this morning, I've realized too that I've shifted not only my own eating but my husband's and daughter's eating nearly all the way away from having so much junk food for snacks. I rarely eat junk food now, and maybe once a month I buy some chocolate or cookies for H & daughter but that's about it. We are all eating so much healthier though the main meal still isn't always as healthy as I'd like; however, we only eat out on special occasions nowadays (birthdays, anniversary, Mothers & Fathers Day), primarily to save money because eating out has gotten so expensive, and when I cook meals at home, they tend to be much healthier than meals we'd get eating out.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, lamotrigine, hydroxyzine,

There's a crack in everything. That is how the light gets in.
--Leonard Cohen

Last edited by Blueberrybook; Sep 15, 2024 at 09:56 AM..
Blueberrybook is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, unaluna