View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
1,268 hugs
given
Default Sep 15, 2024 at 07:07 PM

@Blueberrybook I'm only taking the birth control meds to manage my bipolar symptoms. I decided to give it a shot because my mood symptoms are clearly related to my cycle so every month I was having a week and a half to two weeks of mania followed by a depression crash, some of which were rather severe. When I first started birth control, the depression symptoms went away when I didn't take the placebo pill, but I had to start taking the placebo due to side effects and now have depression instead. I'm giving it another month or two to see if the depression symptoms go away once my body has more time to adjust to the med. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what I'll do since depression is a common side effect of birth control meds. I could still try another one I suppose. I can't up my Wellbutrin because the next dose up causes extreme irritability. I see my pdoc at the end of the month. He didn't prescribe the birth control though-he is very supportive of this decision but is uncomfortable prescribing birth control because those kinds of meds/gynecology aren't his specialty.

June08 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi, Blue_Bird, Crazy Hitch, LadyShadow, Nammu, raspberrytorte