View Single Post
jesyka
Poohbah

Member Since Jun 2020
283 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 16, 2024 at 01:30 PM

As some of you lnow, I have ussues with anxiety & depression. Lately I’ve been more stressed out than usual.

I finally found a job I like snd I finally got f/t hours & insurance & dental coverage. I just need to complete enrollment.

Anyways, I made one of my biggest mistakes at eork yesterday & I almost got written up.

I got an extra shifbin the early morning. I eent to this client ls apartment before. The first time I got lost there. A lot of people get lost trying to find that place. My supervisor tried giving me directions but I still couldn’t find the place.

Fortunately the lady I was releiving called her friend to pick me up.

So it looks stupid that I got lost again. I eent to the right place because the lady I was releiving was at the front of the apartment.

When I came back after parking my car, she wasn’t there. I knocked on the door multiple times & called her with no answer.

I was going to call my supervisor, but I was worried that they’d get upset with me. I should’ve called them.

Stupid, I know. My plan was to wait for her to wake up. I thought the other lady left.

Sm hour later I get s call from my supervisor. He’s a bit upset of course. He said I needed to communicate like an adult in a condescending way.

I asked him if I was going to bewritten up & he said yes if you keep on asking me that. He confused me when he said that things keep pilling up.

I didn’t ask him what he meant. Up until then, I have been on time @ I even got an outstanding on almost everything at my last annual employee review by him.

He asked me if I was at work when he called me. We log into work with a GPS based app.

He probably doesn’t hinks that I’m an idiot now. I was just there. It was dark & even with glasses my vision isn’t to good. I went to an apartment with the same number! Ugh!!!

So the lady was there still. I don’t understand ehy it took an hour to contact my supervisor though. She should’ve called him when I didn’t come back sooner. So she’s a bit at fault too.

On top of that, my fad just got out of the hospital for blood clots & chemo. He had prostrate cancer. He needs 6 rounds & he just completed the second one.

There’s a lot of drsma going on with my family now too. My dad can’t get up at times & he pooped on the floor too. My husband was there on the weekend & he daid the house is filthy.

I told my supervisor that & he said sorry to hear that. I didn’t go into details though.

He might’ve written me up if he didn’t feel bad for me probably. I was stressed out & told him that which made me look incompetent & crazy.

Anyways, the client was cool & she wasn’t upset with me.

I can’t screw up again. I like my main client. I need this job badly. I have a hard time finding & keeping jobs.

I tried taking stress gummies & they helped a little l, but my anxiety is coming back. I now sometimes get these bad anxious feelings & I keep stressing out about making mistakes again.

I forgot to clock out by 7 minutes the other day, so maybe that’s what he meant by pile ups even though nothing was mentioned?

I was tired & distracted & stressed out. What can I do to calm down fast? It’s like I almost can’t control myself in stressful situations. My brain kind of shuts down. Why?
jesyka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated