View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
13.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2024 at 12:09 AM

Wow, it took me an hour to go over everyone's posts I have missed. It feels like forever since I have been here! I have missed you guys so much As Tropical Storm Helene is kicking our butts here in North Carolina a lot has happened with me. I will try to sum up as much as possible, I know how hard it is reading a wall of text for a post.

I got a new job. I will be working as an Accountant at a local prestigious CPA firm. I got offered the job because I did well on the interview, but mostly because a very well-known prominent man in our community comes to our local AA homegroup and attends almost every meeting I chair on Fridays - he really stuck his neck out for me and just proves another reason why AA and recovery can change someone's life.

Community has become a very important word for me. Especially being a part of this one here on this site for so many years, even if it's just online. I have been growing so much in my church, volunteering to help teams of people clean the church every other month, and the most important thing to me: becoming part of the Legions of Mary. This is the most life-changing moment for me. When I used to go back and forth in all the psych wards for so many years, a representative of the church would come and give us a sacrament and pray for us. I would participate all the time because of all my suffering and despair. Now I have come full circle because after Easter, I will be one of the church's representatives to travel around North Carolina visiting mental hospitals, nursing homes, and anywhere someone needs a prayer or help. This made my mom cry when I visited my parents on Sunday; she said, "it looks like you've found your mission."

I can't tell you enough what all these events have done for me - and I know it's because this is the place, (PsychCentral/MSF) is where I found myself again with all your support, new members and old. I have been on this site for well over a decade, and not once have I ever felt alone here. So thank you everyone, I am truly grateful, and especially a heartfelt thank you for @DocJohn for working so hard to keep this place going for all of us.

Oh, I am also keeping my store job in Raleigh - candle making classes are in full swing, and we've just added body butter making classes which are beyond fun!

I love you guys, hope you have a great week!

Just some pics from the store and the classes:

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Blue_Bird, DocJohn, HALLIEBETH87, JaneOnceMore, June08, Mountaindewed, Nammu, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Nammu