View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2024 at 05:57 AM

The struggle is an ongoing one with my boss.

I am constantly worried that I've written the wrong thing, said the wrong thing, or responded the wrong way, all because of how my boss treats me!!!! She frequently corrects me and coaches me on what to say and what not to say. Good grief! I am constantly walking on eggshells at work as a result, and I wake up worried about how the day will unfold, based on this alone!

Am I being abused again, and I don't even realize it?!?

I asked for candid feedback from a higher up on another team not too long ago on how I interact with her team since we work closely together.

She said that she hasn't heard anything negative. Yet, all I received from several members of her team was prickliness when I ran into them in our office a few weeks ago. I don't think the higher up Director of that team was honest with me. I am very perceptive, and I know I got a cold reception from those members of her team that day.

There's another colleague on that same team that I could approach for candid feedback on my communication skills. I will try that step next. I need to know what I am doing wrong and if I am rubbing people the wrong way.

This colleague DID tell me 2 months ago that I am shakings things up within the company, but in a good way that is only going to be beneficial.

One thing I DO know - people do NOT like change. And I am there, changing everything about how they market the company online. OYE. I have my work cut out for me...

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote