Elder

Member Since Oct 2019
12.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 17, 2024 at 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
I could’ve written this post myself except for the part about trying hard to not say the wrong thing at times.

I sometimes overshare with people when they talk wbout their problems too. I feel like we’re trauma bonding at times. I don’t do that as often as before though.

Anyways, why do you think that you struggle with friendships? I’m not sure why most people don’t want to be my friend.

Maybe it’s because I’m to shy, anxious & introverted. Maybe they can sense my depression & anxiety even though zi did tell them about my issues.

Maybe you haven’t met the right people yet. Have you tried joining meetup.com? It’s l free to join.

Finding good friends is hard too. It seems like a lot of people just want to socialize with other people on social mecia & thats good enough for them.

I am a good friend, so it kind of baffles me to why I don’t have more friends too. And eith the ones I do have, they rarely intiate plans with me.

Also, very few of them have introduced me to their other friends which hurts my feelings. My bff hsd lots of friends & I only met two of her friends. One of them being anpther anxious depressed lady who lives nearby.

She said that lady was contacting her to often do ehe tried to introduce her to me to get rid of her. She turned out to be a selfish user.l

I wonder if it’s possible that people can sense our loneliness or not?

Also, it’s better to have few to no friends then friends who try to control, use, manipulation & gossip about you.

Get a cat or a dog if you don’t have one maybe. Cats are better than most people, lol 😆
Thanks @jesyka I appreciate your reply.

I think I’m in a place where I no longer have the energy or motivation to reach out for new friendships. It’s complicated, but I do feel like the few good friends I have are gold standard, if that makes sense and I want to treasure those true connections. I don’t want to make myself vulnerable to find myself ghosted or an option in someone’s life as I have been.

My inconsistent friend emailed, it was long, all about them as it almost always is. I do like them but I don’t have the energy for this. I don’t want to be an after thought in someone’s life.

PS I do think cats are awesome - we can’t have pets unfortunately but I make friends with random cats in the street.
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
nonightowl, Rose76

Thanks for this!
nonightowl