View Single Post
JaneOnceMore

Member Since Feb 2023
3,253 hugs
given
Default Sep 17, 2024 at 08:04 PM

The chirp went away for four hours today and my spirits soared. But it came back and now i'm despairing. It seems to go away for longer each day. I went to the mall for lunch and couldn't get comfortable. Before COVID the mall was my second home. I tried four places and then gave up and came home. Guess i am a homebody for good. I feel bored and frustrated.

I was hopeful at the mall because of some info on the TV monitors about help for mental health and addiction. It seems to be getting such a high profile lately, it's heartwarming to see. There was a really effective notice for parents regarding drug-free kids and a notice for a web site for caregivers and family supporters of those with emotion dysregulation and suicidality, sashbear.org.

It really gave me hope for the future, to see all these new supports for those of us who are troubled. It seems like it's becoming a kinder, gentler world. Even if there is not a lot of progress towards solutions, at least an effort is being made, and if it keeps up, we'll get there one day. Maybe not soon enough for me, and far too late for my brother, but some day. If we don't destroy ourselves first.
JaneOnceMore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
BeyondtheRainbow, bizi, Blue_Bird, June08, LadyShadow, Mountaindewed, raspberrytorte