View Single Post
Discombobulated
Elder

Member Since Oct 2019
12.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 09:49 AM

Hi @jesyka, I just want to say that I’ve been following your progress over the last year and you should be proud of what you’ve accomplished- you have got into ft work and you’re nailing it.

The scenario you’re describing is the kind of thing I imagine happens a lot with remote working, trying to find new addresses. Please don’t worry about anyone thinking you’re stupid, if they do it’s on them not you.

I’m currently trying to work on grounding techniques myself, and box breathing is one I’ve been given, like Squarepeg describes. My therapist described it as more of a rectangle- so you breathe in up the short side (5 secs) out along the long side (10 secs), and so on, your out breath being longer. This is to regulate your breathing so you’re not gulping down the oxygen and going into fight or flight.

The other one mentioned I know as 54321, so you pick 5 things you can see, 4 you can touch, 3 you can hear, 2 you can smell and one you can taste (that can be as simple as toothpaste trace on your teeth).

I got advised to practise these when I’m not feeling stressed so I can be ready for when I need them.

Good luck!
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote