View Single Post
H3rmit
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2013
1,346 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Angry Sep 19, 2024 at 09:05 PM

I'm trying counselling again after many years. But it's the same old. I tried out two others before this woman, and it's always the same thing. They don't seem to understand what I've said. They don't seem to have any empathy. They seem to be asking rote questions and giving rote suggestions.

In fact, it's just like dealing with people in general in the world. I can't relate to people, generally, and these therapists are just like everyone else.

I had a rare experience once where the guy had deep empathy and understood myself better than I do. That's what I'm looking for - an outside perspective that helps me, gives me understanding, empathy, and insight.

But.. no... it just doesn't happen. She has 30 clients a week and I had to hammer her with repeated questions to get her to admit it.

I'm quite PO'd and the best I could say is she would be a good opportunity to practice thnking and feeling while angry without losing my cool.

Seems there's no hope for me with therapists, just like there's no hope for me in this world, overall.

I asked her on day one to explain how therapy will work for me. She said she needs some info from me first. Four hours later, four sessions, lots of info... nada. If I were paying for this myself, it never would have happened, because this should have been explained in the 20-minute get to know you session. Thinking I should cancel and go no further with this woman. I have 16 sessions left I could try with someone else.

H3rmit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated