View Single Post
ogyogm

Member Since Sep 2024
161 hugs
given
Default Sep 20, 2024 at 05:50 AM

You are so considerate, you won't hurt your partner willingly. Yes, living with a person with anxiety or other disorders may be tiring. But you are not described or limited by your problems. You have a lot of value to bring into relationship. I don't know how to find the right person for you, I think nobody knows. It's more of chance or hit and miss process... You are independent, you live your full life and you rise your kinds in love and care. Personally, I would try to stick to that independence and try to find someone who can add into relationship something equal to your contribution. You know you will care for and love your partner - that's really a lot of contribution. Try to not fall into depending on someone, or even worse - him depending on you. It may be really attractive short term, but it will fail. Depending on each other is something that comes with and is proven by time only. For whatever this advice may be worth...

This is also a good reason not to fall into your T... You depend on him - and that is such a bad foundation for a relationship.

From my personal experience, it's better to find new T for "talking" therapy. New person can bring so much more for your healing. It will be slow, it's hard to open to a new person (well, it's easier with some - I would try to find this type of new T) - but in long term it will be worth it. Using old T for meds adjustment is a good strategy - but only that.
ogyogm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
iheartjacques