View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,676 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 06:09 AM

My boss doesn't like me, I can tell. She doesn't look me in the eye when she's speaking to me. She avoids chit chatting with me about our lives, yet chatters away with the younger employees and schmoozes with them. She is sharp with me whenever she corrects me and she can be very snarky with me at times.

I don't know what to do about it.

I'm in a very difficult position at work. Like very difficult. I have to prove to the whole company that what I do is worth investing in, and I have to train my boss in what I do. It's a very unfair position to be in. And right now, I hate the challenge of it all.

My boss lacks class and says and does very inappropriate things. For example, one colleague told me that my boss frequently comments on our CEO's posts on LinkedIn, "I'm so proud of you!" WOW, she is SUCH a ki*ss as*s!!! The CEO is NOT her child or an employee she oversees. It's SO inappropriate to say things like that to our Company CEO! I was appalled when I learned this.

She's also VERY LOUD and makes her presence known.

She also raised her hand to volunteer to be placed elsewhere in the company, right in front of me making it clear that she doesn't like managing me.

What do I do? Is it Ok if your boss doesn't like you? Can you still be promoted and/or receive a good reference, even if they don't like you?

I think she could feel threatened by me... ? She has remained at the same career level for YEARS. She's been with the company for 20 years. I looked at her LinkedIn profile. She has not progressed too far in those 20 years, and I am succeeding with flying colors in my work and am very ambitious in my career. It's very possible she feels threatened and feels like I am outshining her.

OYE. I really don't know what to do?

~4 Non Blondes
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote