View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 12:06 AM

I'm not sure I'd be *bothered," but I'd definitely be affected in some way and want to talk about it/process it with my T. I mean, I was affected during the pandemic when his dog made a cameo appearance--less so by his cat because he was petting the dog in his lap for much of the time, whereas the cat just strolled by, and it was weeks after the dog. In this case, it was more about seeing him acting tender to another being.

So, in this scenario, I'd be much more affected if, say, she'd given her kid a hug first. Or, in a different way, if she'd screamed at him. But this just sounds like she was telling him to go back upstairs. Still, for me, I could see how that might bring up some paternal transference, maybe a bit o jealousy of the child. If nothing else, anyone (or any animal) coming into the room during a session would throw me of my focus for a bit, so I think that's completely natural.

How are you feeling about it now? Also, I assume you knew already that she had a kid (or kids), right? I'd think it would be more potentially jarring if you didn't. I'd definitely talk about it with her if it's on your mind.
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote