View Single Post
ScarletPimpernel
Wise Elder

Member Since Nov 2013
7,009 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 03:53 PM

She finally responded to all four. I know it takes time to read, but it took her less than 15mins to respond to everything. Even if she has a busy day, she could have told me and postponed her responses until she had time. She also never brought up the delay...

This is SO chaotic for me. It's why I was convinced to take a break. But I panicked and changed my mind. You're probably right that I really need to reduce the communication. She keeps hurting me and I'm sure I keep hurting her. She said she's had sleeping problems ever since she told me. Probably why she fell asleep in the afternoon yesterday.

I wish she would be the one to let us go. I'm sure she needs a break from me, too. I don't know why she just doesn't plan another vacation. Why is she holding on?

I really do think I'm addicted to her. I feel like we're enmeshed. And I know she is fostering dependency. She believes you need to get your dependency needs met in order to be more confident to be independent. Or something like that. She does support when I want to be independent like she said she was proud of me for walking out of the session.

I know none of this is healthy for me and probably her. And something needs to change. I don't think she’ll be the one to initiate the change, so I have to. But what? What do I change? Anything at this point is just going to add to the hurt. I feel stuck. What is more painful: sticking with it or leaving.

Hugs from:
AnaWhitney, LonesomeTonight