Poohbah

Member Since May 2018
84 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
Practiced violin, my next lesson is a week from today on Saturday the 28th. I need to buy some new rosin. I think in about 3 months I'm gonna change my strings. I have a set of insanely good quality strings my ex boyfriend (we're still friends and still talk) got me for a gift at some point I haven't used yet because my current strings were still okay, it takes like 6 months of regular playing for strings needing to be changed. So in I'd say 3 months I'll need to change mine to that really nice set. Interested to see how they sound when I do, they're some of the best. They're $75 for a set. There's even better ones you can get that are even more expensive. But those are considered standard good quality. The ones I have on my violin now cost about $20 for the set. If I like the new ones I might stick to them. $75 every six months to replace them isn't that bad I guess. Idk I'm kind of tempted to change them now

Working on several scales right now and still working on the game of Thrones theme song.

Anyway, I also got on the treadmill for 30 minutes. And watched the new version of the horror movie Candyman, it was really good.
The new strings will probably sound better, but you'll have to tune them quite a bit before they sound right.

I played string bass and never liked tuning it. I enjoyed learning how to play but I didn't like reading sheet music, I usually tried to memorize the music. That only gets you so far though, once the music gets long and complicated then you gotta read the sheet music.

You get different types of rosin too, so maybe look into that as your playing improves. I remember that I used to like a purple colored rosin because it was more grippy and was good for the lower notes, but that was 40 years ago so I'm sure things have changed

My avatar picture is a photo of the Whirlpool Galaxy I took in April 2023. I dedicated this photo to my sister who passed away in July 2016.
Scooter9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch

Thanks for this!
unaluna