Member Since Sep 2020
5,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberrybook View Post
@MuddyBoots
It's good to hear you're back. I'm glad that you were able to get help. You sound much better. I was on Adderall a few years for ADHD but I got taken off it when I got hospitalized forpsychosis and the pdoc never put me back on it. I've been managing without it for awhile, could it be nearly a year now? And that makes me wonder if I even have ADHD at all or if it was just disorganized bipolar thinking & talking that made the pdoc diagnose ADHD or maybe he just gets more free meals & samples out of the reps if he can slap as many labels as possible on to his patients?
I wrote a nice response last night, but it was deleted and I wrote it on the phone so wasn't feeling up to getting it all out.

How long were you on Adderall before the psychosis and did it feel like it helped before then? How was your headspace before the adderall vs on the adderall vs after stopping it (all outside of the bipolar episodes if you know)?

I remember in 6th grade my friend said she was on Adderall for adhd and I asked her what that was and left thinking that was normal, a made up "disorder" and they're just drugging people uselessly, and that she was a wuss for feeling "special for being normal." Either ADHD is a thing and I have it too, or I just fell into that trap later haha. But seriously, I was participating in groups (Yes, @Nammu, went to some groups). Not just shouting out some vaguely relevant stuff that would end up making the intent of the group null if they didn't reign me in (or kick me out), but actually discussing the topic. Before/after a dose is like night and day, but I didn't know night was night until I saw day. I can sit and do the same thing for more than 10 minutes, reading is 1000% easier, it doesn't take me 4 trips from the bedroom to the bathroom to get everything ready for a shower but still forget something.

I know I'm taking a risk, and I'm asking you these questions because I'm wondering just how big of a risk I'm taking. I really do not want to give this up any time soon.

(anyone else who has been on stimulants before can chime in too, if you want. It'd be appreciated )

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, June08, LadyShadow, Nammu, raspberrytorte