Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Jun 2013
14.8k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyBoots View Post
You guys have other violin learnin' tips? I got a hold of one a ways back and haven't really played it much. I know other instruments (guitar, bass, piano, harmonica) so the whole learning notes/keys/theory thing isn't a factor (I generally just improvise instead of play songs anyways).

---

still doing the post-episode recovery thing. I saw my CM this morning for meds and she's going to see if she can find my criminal record and write a reference to get into that apartment. I have a pdoc appointment tomorrow and of course have to get meds in the AM but neither of us are confident I should be driving right now so I guess we'll have to figure that one out. It's also cool because since, I don't know, May, it seems like at least once a month on the state news channel they talk about how many more car crash fatalities there are than usual. Saw a video on fb of this dude in MA "noping tf" out of merging between highways (I think the traffic scared him) and literally reversing through the exit onto the original highway. AI and faked vids and stuff, but that doesn't seem outrageously outrageous for 495 corridor. My drive to the CMHC would have nothing like that though (maybe a dude doing like 100mph, and a sketchy forever construction zone, but no major traffic)
So I started playing violin when I was in elementary school and played through middle school in my schools orchestra. Eventually I dropped it. Took a music appreciation class when I was in high school where I learned some guitar. Eventually like a year ago when I was 29 I decided to start playing violin again. My boyfriend at the time had good connections cause he has a really good guitar teacher and that’s how I found my current violin teacher. She is a performer. And her boyfriend is a professional drummer. We do zoom lessons but hopefully will meet up some day in person. I learned some keyboard and some ukulele too on my own. But I’d say with violin there’s lots of good instructional videos you can find online but once you get through the basics it would be good to find a teacher if possible because they can really guide you on what you need to work on and help you with your intonation and technique. I’d say more so than other instruments. Most instruments you can get pretty advanced with just learning on your own but violin is one where eventually most if not all people would benefit from an instructor.

I can recommend some books if you want for just starting out and can tell you the name of the scales book I started using with my teacher when we started a year ago

I can give you tips as well. I’m not a super advanced player. Maybe intermediate level. But I hope to get there someday. But I can offer you any tips and anything I learn

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, raspberrytorte

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, MuddyBoots