Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
6,391 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenNoodleSoup View Post
To people in the US: my parents are planing to move to the US. How do people there find a good healh insurance? Do you just google or are there some that are known for being "better" (for example coverage in all states or something like that)?
I've always had health insurance through my employer and there's little to no choice. They might start with healthcare.gov which is an official government site for finding insurance coverage.

HealthCare.gov is a health insurance exchange website operated by the United States federal government under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act or ACA, commonly referred to as "Obamacare", which currently serves the residents of the U.S. states which have opted not to create their own state exchanges. From Wikipedia

In their own words
A service that helps people shop for and enroll in health insurance. The federal government operates the Health Insurance MarketplaceŽ, available at HealthCare.gov, for most states. Some states run their own Marketplaces. Refer to glossary for more details. , follow these 4 steps to apply and enroll. From Welcome to the Health Insurance Marketplace(R) | HealthCare.gov
NP_Complete is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote