Poohbah

Member Since May 2018
84 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Today at 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneOnceMore View Post
I feel awful. Walking my dog three times a day is exhausting me. I wanted to go to a street festival and i couldn't because i'm so sore and have to save my energy for my dog. It's a big adjustment, also keeping to a schedule of 8:30am, 2:30pm, and 8:30pm. Yesterday my dog couldn't wait for her scheduled breaks and i ended up taking her out four or five times. Getting a dog is one of the top hypomania-induced mistakes i've made. She's tolerating her schedule better today tho. Hopefully she'll adjust. *I* have to adjust too.

My mood is unstable too, with the change of seasons. I had such an unusually active week. The soaring hope of making a friend with B, and the agony of realizing it's not real has really made me feel hopeless.

I'm thinking of using alcohol to cope. My mom was a functional alcoholic. It worked for her. I can tell it would be easy for me to become an alcoholic because the rare time i drink i am haunted by the taste for days afterward.

I'm so frustrated and miserable...

I think i'll just focus on my dog this week and not do any other activities, just walk her and rest. There. That's a plan for the better.
My family wants me to get a dog but I'm hesitant just for the reason you mentioned...that you have to take your dog out up to several times a day.

I can go days without leaving the house because I feel so low, I can't imagine having to go out every day.

I hope that you're able to manage with your dog, I'm sure he/she appreciates your efforts.

My avatar picture is a photo of the Whirlpool Galaxy I took in April 2023. I dedicated this photo to my sister who passed away in July 2016.
Scooter9 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow

Thanks for this!
JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow