Community Support Team
Community Liaison
Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,346 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Sep 23, 2024 at 07:29 AM

@brian10x weclome to MSF. I am sorry you have challenges in your relationship with your fiance. That must be rough on you.

I live with a partner with bipolar and nothing I could say would talk her out of her depression, mania or anxiety. The only thing that helped her was to get treatments by professionals and that managed to keep them stable.

I think if you encourage them to seek professional help that may help. My experience is that bipolar is a lifelong experience. If she is not willing to change now I do not think I could say anything to make that better.

I had to face the fact that my partner was not going to change no matter how much I tried. By accepting that and all the unexpected situations I have been able to endure, but if I had known what I was in for I am not sure I would have accepted the challenge.

Accepting that I could not do anything to change them has been essential. I cannot make them seek help; if they are willing to take meds or have other treatments, then they can get help. Bipolar is a brain chemistry imbalance that in our case has not responded to talk therapy.

All the best to you

CANDC

[If you want me to see your reply to this post please include @CANDC in your message - not in requoting my message]

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi