View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 10:46 AM

Personally, I like having both options with the same therapist. I nearly always prefer in person. But for instances like today, when I'm sick, I like that I can still have a session--otherwise, I'd probably just need to cancel. Or if I'm out of town. Or if virtual just fit better in my schedule that day. However, it would bother me if my T kept switching to virtual randomly and/or at the last minute. I guess I like it when I can be in control of it.

I understand that for many, for assorted reasons, including if there aren't many T's in their area, they don't have transportation or would prefer not to travel there, etc., virtual would be preferable.

Note that part of why I prefer in person is that my husband works from home. I take steps to make it as private as possible (different floor, door closed, sound machine outside door), but it still doesn't feel as private as when I'm sitting in my T's office. I also like the separation of home and therapy, having a dedicated space for the therapy and a transition (driving) to go home, rather than, "OK, immediately back to real life."
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
East17, ScarletPimpernel