View Single Post
brian10x

Member Since Sep 2024
Default Sep 23, 2024 at 07:42 PM

Well,
She WANTS to change. She is on medication and takes it as prescribed.
We have had several false starts in the last year. She is brave, then fear takes over at the last minute.

Genevieve (Yes, I LOVE her name) was diagnosed as bipolar over 20 years ago. She also suffers from occasional panic and anxiety attacks.

Her medication has been adjusted many times, and she's stable right now.

Since I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her, I've purchased and read books on bipolar so that I can better help her deal with this disorder. I've redecorated my house and built her a custom bathroom, I've been as loving and patient as humanly possible, and I've even saved tens of thousands of dollars to make her feel she doesn't have to get a job until she is ready. I've bought a freezer and made custom ice cream for her (well, and me!) , and embraced her unusual spiritual beliefs.

She has made it clear that bipolar indeed leeds to fear and procrastination, and to that end, she has , at least in part, beaten the procrastination.

Its that blasted fear of change.

She does not enjoy life now, nor does she want to live there. She made it abundantly clear that I'm the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with.

Its that awful fear. Fear of change.

Help me!
brian10x is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote