View Single Post
brian10x

Member Since Sep 2024
Default Yesterday at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raspberrytorte View Post
Does she have an anxiety disorder? That sounds more like anxiety to me. Anxious people are always afraid of change. I'm sorry you're dealing with this with your fiancé (Genevieve is a pretty name by the way!). Has she had a bad past with moving in with partners? I'd say maybe she needs to talk to a therapist to address any underlying issues. Is she on meds? Is she depressed or manic right now or stable?

Sorry for a million questions! I really wish the best for you two. ❤️
I thought I replied earlier, but I don't see my reply. She has panic attacks and anxiety. We are hoping the bipolar meds will help with that.

She has made bad decisions in the past, mostly due to self-medication, which she hasn't done in over ten years. This is what made her brave in the past.

She is stable right now. I purchase and read bipolar books so that I can help. Her psych is very competent and has her best interests in mind. He changes her prescriptions from time to time.

If we could just get past this dang fear of change for one day, we could start our lives together!

I hope someone here has the magic idea, because after a year, I am still patient, but my optimism and energy levels are starting to wane.

Any idea is a good idea!

Thanks again, and yes, I love the name Genevieve as well!
brian10x is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote