View Single Post
Therapy reviewed

Member Since Sep 2022
2 hugs
given
Default Sep 24, 2024 at 02:12 AM

I grew up with silence being used as a weapon..my adoptive father once stopped talking to me as a child when I called him by his name instead of "dad"... An aunt living with us at the time demanded he talk to me!... I think growing up the black sheep of the family I was able to think more... I had to to try and work out what the hell was happening at times... With T there were times in the early years whrn I didn't get the response I wanted I'd use silence on her... Lol.. We know how that worked, she just asked me what was going on for me and is I didn't answer she's just sit with the silence with me.... Gradually over the years I learnt to talk... Left the childish silences behind... Now whenever I come across someone using that as a weapon I do a gentle smilr
. I'm sorry that person hadn't the ego strength to discuss issues... Sorry that they're wasting relationships on their misguided belief they they are "strong".. Unyet it's weakness., I wish them the healing I had... I'm glad I don't get to pass that behaviour down my family line... I'm glad I had therapy so if one of my adult children is upset I can talk with thrm and resolve the issues... Living in silence destroys possibility.. Just one of the benefits I received through therapy..
Therapy reviewed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight, ScarletPimpernel, unaluna

Thanks for this!
ArtleyWilkins, Brown Owl 2, unaluna, Yaowen