View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,063 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Yesterday at 06:44 PM

My husband is a lawyer. He works for a government agency in our country that provides free family and civil legal assistance to people that are considered vulnerable based on social worker evaluation. Some own like seven properties, but that's a subject for another day. There are people gaming the system.

He's experienced a lot of what you've mentioned in point two. It almost seems like some clients are more disrespectful because their services are free. He has to explain things many times to some people and they still think they know more about the law than him. He's lucky he works mainly remote these days, because some people have gotten violent because they don't like his answers. One of the weird things is that each municipality or group of smaller municipalities has a designated office. But, people come from other areas and want to be served in his office. When he tells them they have to go to their closest office, some get mad. I'm not sure what the point is with that. Why do they need to go to his office?

Don't even get me started on the people that want to unearth cases from years ago where the state of limitations has far passed. Those are mostly people looking for an inheritance, etc. They're the most insistent and won't listen to anything he says.

It's not an easy job at all.
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna